Re: New release of the gnustep-base library … please test trunk

From: Jordan Schidlowsky
Subject: Re: New release of the gnustep-base library … please test trunk
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 11:47:15 -0600

The next version of the android ndk (r8f?) will have clang 3.3 support out of the box.

It hasn't shipped yet but it's available here:

Sent from my iPhone

On 2013-07-16, at 10:06 AM, Ivan Vučica <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Richard,

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:

3. While giving clang first class support for libobjc2, I think we need to drop support for older versions (and possibly when compiling for ObjC1) to concentrate on targetting a specific minimum version (possibly 3.3  ... not sure what's actually needed).

Latest Android NDK (8e, from March 2013) contains Clang 3.1:

Considering that it's hard enough to compile for Android (I didn't do it yet, hopefully I'll get around to it these days…) I suggest we target Clang 3.1 for now.
--
Ivan Vučica