Re: gnustep-base's configure is broken on FreeBSD 9.1 when used with lib

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: gnustep-base's configure is broken on FreeBSD 9.1 when used with libobjc2 r36872
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 11:25:46 +0200

On 17.07.2013, at 11:11, David Chisnall <address@hidden> wrote:

On 17 Jul 2013, at 10:09, Marcus Müller <address@hidden> wrote:

configure:13329: result: no
configure:13344: error: Your compiler does not appear to implement the -fconstant-string-class option needed for support of strings.  Please check for a more recent version or consider using --enable-nxconstantstring

This is odd, because clang does support this option, but it's also not the thing that's segfaulting…

I've just rolled back libobjc2 to r36850, built, installed. Afterwards, gnustep-base's configure works again:

$ ./configure --disable-mixedabi CC=/usr/local/bin/clang33 CXX=/usr/local/bin/clang++33
[…]
checking if the compiler supports -fconstant-string-class... yes
[…]

It seems r36851 breaks gnustep-base's configure somehow.

Please let me know what else I can provide you with to help track down the problem.

Cheers,

  Marcus

--
Marcus Müller  .  .  .  http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com/znek/