Re: GNUstep don't load images of current theme.

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: GNUstep don't load images of current theme.
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 13:45:19 -0400

Hi Greg,

There were several things we tried to do:

- make a clearly defined set of image names (listed in Headers/Additions/GNUstepGUI/GSTheme.h ) for themes to override. Currently we just have GSSwitch and GSRadio listed there.

- make the image names for themes to override describe what the image is used for (GSMenuArrow rather than common_3DArrowRight)

- use a standard formula for choosing the names of alternate image state (e.g. GSRadio, GSRadioSelected, GSRadioDisabled, GSRadioDisabledSelected).

The change that breaks existing themes is that the images now have to be listed in the theme's plist in a GSThemeImages dictionary. Perhaps requiring this is not the way to go.

Themes now use the mapping file, btw. :)  +[imageNamed: aName] always looks up aName in the mapping file, and uses the mapped name to call +[NSImage _pathForImageNamed:] and stores the resulting image in the nameDict under the mapped name.The intention is that if a mapping exists in nsmapping.strings, the image will always be stored in nameDict under the mapped name.

Eric

P.S., Quentin, it seems the Aristo2.theme's theme info plist is not committed in etoile svn. Could you commit that so we have a minimal example of the new theme format?