Re: New release of the gnustep-base library please test trunk

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: New release of the gnustep-base library please test trunk
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 19:11:51 +0200

Hi Richard,

Le 12 juil. 2013 à 09:16, Richard Frith-Macdonald a écrit :

> I'd like to make a new release of gnustep-base in the near future.
> We have a big patch needing merging in which will introduce binary
> incompatible changes, so this would probably be the last significant release
> in the 1.24 series, and would be 1.24.5
> The 1.24.5 release will provide quite a large number of minor bugfixes,
> particularly on 64 bit platforms.   This version includes checking of
> printf-style format string arguments when building using clang, and should be
> free of any faults detected by the clang static anlyser.
> I'd like it to be a version we can confidently advise people to use, so
> please could people download and test base from svn trunk as much as possible
> during the next few days.

With today SVN r36916 for libobjc2 and GNUstep Base compiled with Clang 3.2 on
Linux x86-32, I get the following results:

   7834 Passed tests
     21 Dashed hopes
      3 Failed tests

The failing tests are:

base/NSNotification/basic.m:
Failed test:       decoded object equals the original
Failed test:       /System/Library/Makefiles/TestFramework/ObjectTesting.h:265
... decoded object equals the original
Failed test:       Object 0 of class 'NSNotification' copy and original are
equal

Base was configured with --disable-mixedabi.

Cheers,
Quentin.