Re: Will gnustep support the new xib format of Xcode 5

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Will gnustep support the new xib format of Xcode 5
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 15:06:22 +0200

Nice code that you have there :-)

As for the new XIB format (thank you for pointing this out!), up to now
we had to adopt to every new format Apple came up with. But in this
specific case, I am not sure. This time they don't use a key-coding
format, rather it is similar to the Renaissance format GNUstep has had
for many years. If we want to support this format, we will have to write
specific code for each and ever class that needs to be decoded. This may
become worthwhile when this format gets adopted everywhere, but for now
it seems easier to compile it to NIB and load from there.

Fred