Re: Building libobjc2 gnumake & gnustep base for Android

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Building libobjc2 gnumake & gnustep base for Android
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:27:44 +0200

Hi Spencer,

without immediate ability to look into this any deeper, do you perhaps have a previous installation of GNUstep on this machine? I have primarily worked on and tested the script on a cleanly installed Ubuntu 12.04 on a remote VPS; I did not even try running it on a machine that happens to have had any sort of previous GNUstep installation.

I think that the fixed place where a configuration file is installed is /etc/GNUstep/GNUstep.conf -- though I may be wrong. This file lists paths to various GNUstep directories. I had problems with this file being left over when I decided to change the installation path.

I suggest you try running the script on a clean machine, perhaps a virtual machine containing just clean Debian or Ubuntu. (I have not worked on this on any other platform.)

It is important noting that I did not finish the work on the script nor did I finish work on appropriate patches to mainline, so whatever you do, there will be some work to do before you have working gnustep-base .so.