Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...

From: Graham Lee
Subject: Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 08:49:54 +0100

On 13 Sep 2013, at 08:19, "Gregory Casamento" <address@hidden> wrote:

> What I was thinking about was a similar tool for analyzing the differences
> between GNUstep and different releases of the API. By parsing the headers of
> Cocoa and those of GNUstep into a set of data structures that can then be
> compared we can determine the gap between the current release of GNUstep and
> a given release of Cocoa.   The data generated from this tool could be used
> to generate skeletons for the missing classes as well.

Hi Greg,

That's what I was thinking when I suggested the API diff tool, I think using
clang I've got most of the parts to get it done.

Such a tool would be a great thing to point new developers at to help them get
involved: tell a newcomer to find a method from our "not yet" list, and add it
to base/GUI (with tests). A collection of simple, small, well-defined tasks
with clear success criteria.

Cheers,
Graham.