Re: Other cursor issue

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Other cursor issue
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 00:14:38 -0600

On 2013-09-03 02:00:22 -0600 Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thank you this great example for the problem. I think this is related to
> the colour panel issue you already demonstrated. In both cases the
> cursor gets set too often when switching windows.
> At the moment I am to ill to look into this or rather my head is to
> dizzy to think hard enough to solve this. Maybe on the next weekend?

OK, today I did more tests and I found some interesting information and
one solution for this problem. First apply the attached patch, this only
add some NSLog messages at NSWindow. Then run the test app with
--GNU-Debug=NSCursor. As you can see, sometimes when NSWindow
print the message "Mouse exited", NSCursor don't print the
corresponding message "mouseExited:". This is because there isn't a
cursor associated with that tracking rectangle. Even when, obviously,
there one cursor (the I-beam).

But obviously we should pop the current cursor. So one solution is write:

[[NSCursor currentCursor] mouseExited: theEvent];

when mouse exited (NSWindow line 4065). But I don't know if this can
cause problems.

Germán.

<change.patch>