NSCursor mismatched push and pop

From: David Chisnall
Subject: NSCursor mismatched push and pop
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 18:07:43 +0100

Hi,

I managed to reproduce the NSCursor mismatched push / pop issue, with tracing
enabled.  The log is here:

http://theravensnest.org/NSCursor.1.log

I haven't yet done more than glance at it, but perhaps someone who knows this
code better than me could gain more insight from it.  The trace is from
launching the application until exit.  I exited after I was sure that the bug
had been triggered.

For each NSCursor push or pop[1], there is a stack trace.  Ignore any functions
in the trace that start .tesla or __tesla in the stack traces, these are
artefacts of the instrumentation.

David

[1] Unfortunately, in this log it isn't totally clear whether the class or
instance method is being called, so it looks like there are some duplicate pops
that are actually -pop calling +pop.  I'll improve the trace output and try to
recreate it.

-- Send from my Jacquard Loom