Re: problems debugging with clang 3.2, gdb 7.6, libobjc2 SVN, and Ubuntu

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: problems debugging with clang 3.2, gdb 7.6, libobjc2 SVN, and Ubuntu 13.10
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 19:30:43 -0600

Thanks for the pointers…

I reconfigured make without enabling the nonfragile ABI (just used "CC=clang
./configure --enable-debug-by-default"), rebuilt everything, and now stepping
into Objective-C methods works with gdb, as does ivar printing.

So do gdb and lldb need some changes to support the nonfragile ABI? If that's
the case, maybe we should display a warning when configuring make with
--enable-nonfragile-abi, so people know that debugging will be broken.

Eric