Re: memory leak - cairo/x11 backend

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: memory leak - cairo/x11 backend
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 15:46:35 +0100

Hi developers,

thanks for looking. I have seen Fred patched your patch, now I tested everything, on cairo for now.

I tested everything before and after.

Task: load two images. Check memory of Xorg and LM
1) before
then load two images in LM
2) displaying the last image (automatically selected
3) displaying the butlast image (changing image)
4) removing them again. through the Clear menu entry

Before your patch:

1) X:112 LM:58
2) X: 132 LM: 76
3) X: 152 LM: 93
4) X: 150 LM:91

After your patch:
1) X: 108 LM: 58
2) X: 127 LM: 76
3) X: 144 LM: 93
4) X: 142 LM: 91

I notice that we consume less memory, that's fine!

However still after I do "remove all pictures" in LaternaMagica and nothing gets displayed, LaternaMagica and X get not back to the initial memory usage. Perhaps there is a leak in LM I am not finding? that would also explain why the X server doesn't free all the memory.

Riccardo