Re: Can't drag&drop menu in Gorm

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Can't drag&drop menu in Gorm
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 13:49:53 -0500

Just letting you know I'm keeping up with the discussion. I'm involved in something for work for the next few hours and I'll take a look once I get done.

GC

On Thursday, December 26, 2013, Fred Kiefer wrote:
On 26.12.2013 18:14, Germán Arias wrote:
> El jue, 26-12-2013 a las 16:27 +0100, Fred Kiefer escribió:
>> On 25.12.2013 22:33, Germán Arias wrote:
>>> Actually isn't possible drag&drop a menu in Gorm. Open an empty
>>> documento and try to add a menu, you can't.
>>
>> I am not sure whether I understand this problem. By "open and empty
>> document" do you mean "Document->New Application"? In that case you
>> already get a main menu and I was able to drag a menu entry into this
>> menu. Is this not working for you or don't you get the initial menu? And
>> is D&D otherwise working for you in Gorm? It wasn't for me a few days
>> ago and I had to fix the x11 backend for this to work.
>>
>> Fred
>>

> Select "Document -> New Module -> New Empty", in this case I can't add a
> menu. This is also the case when use in-window menu, you can't add a
> menu in untitled document.

Ah, I think I understand now. You create an empty module as described
above and then drag a window into that module and as the next step you
would like to drag in a menu as well but this isn't working. I am able
to reproduce this.
Maybe the window that holds all the objects (no idea how this is called
internally) does not allow for what ever drag type the menu is? This is
the spot where Gregory should take over, he knows a lot more about Gorm.

The in-window menu case is unrelated. Better leave it out of the
discussion here.