Re: Cross-compiling GNUstep?

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: Cross-compiling GNUstep?
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 14:27:02 +0100

Am 30.12.2013 11:26, schrieb David Chisnall:
> That said, I completely agree with Fred, that there's no point
> discussing a change of build system without at least a proof of
> concept demonstration that another one would work.  I would, however,
> suggest that this would be much easier to do if we had some
> documentation describing things like the various filesystem / bundle
> layouts.

Filesystem layouts are here (and you have to support many of them):

http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/gnustep/tools/make/trunk/FilesystemLayouts/

Regarding bundle layouts, there's this:
http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/User_FAQ#Why_not_use_framework_bundles.3F
and of course this:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/CoreFoundation/Conceptual/CFBundles/BundleTypes/BundleTypes.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/10000123i-CH101-SW28
(Bundle Programming Guide)

All of them mean you have to be very flexible about where to install
files. Less about how to build the files.

Markus

--
Dipl. Ing. (FH) Markus Hitter