Re: GNUstep.org website redesign proposal

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: GNUstep.org website redesign proposal
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 01:20:43 +0100

Am 31.12.2013 um 02:09 schrieb Sebastian Reitenbach:

> Hi all,
>
> I guess everybody knows, and also agrees that the GNUstep website is looking
> fairly dated, and that
> finding contents in it, is somtetimes only possible with help of google.
> the last few days I spent on thinking about the website, what it may need,
> digging html5 and css3,
> and came up with the following design, that you can find here:
>
> https://www.l00-bugdead-prods.de/index7.html

While nicely and cleanly done, the proposal reminds me somewhat of
http://www.gtk.org/. I am not sure if this is a good idea, in my opinion people
could come to the conclusion that we're now some kind of sister project of GTK.
Which is a strange Idea as everyone involved with GNUstep would confirm, but do
outsiders know? Is this just me and my view at the layout or are others see it
the same?

cheers,

        Lars