Re: GNUstep.org website redesign proposal

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUstep.org website redesign proposal
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 02:16:25 +0100

Hi,

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
While nicely and cleanly done, the proposal reminds me somewhat
ofhttp://www.gtk.org/. I am not sure if this is a good idea, in my opinion
people could come to the conclusion that we're now some kind of sister project
of GTK. Which is a strange Idea as everyone involved with GNUstep would
confirm, but do outsiders know? Is this just me and my view at the layout or
are others see it the same?
no, there are resemblances due to the rounded boxes and colors, but they look sufficiently distinct to me.

What I ant to provide in my design is the style of menus GTK.org has, no sub-menus. However they present much less information than we have, also since gtk is primarily "developer".
They do reference their wiki.

I want to use my style in their direction of organization, however by managing more the complex division user-vs-developer. This is why I am playing in GAP, where we don't have such a division and I can focus more on the design part and have less troubles with the structure.

Riccardo