Re: int vs. void pointer

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: int vs. void pointer
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 14:02:44 +0100

Hi,

Niels Grewe wrote:
Am 05.01.2014 um 20:45 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden>:

Hi,

in reference to:
http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/gnustep/libs/gui/trunk/Source/GSDisplayServer.m?r1=37026&r2=37533

is it correct to get an int and return it as a void* ? I get a warning there.
I suppose int goes to void, not a pointer. perhaps the method shold accept a
void* as a win?
Fred already mentioned to me that I probably missed something when I added that
method, I think I’ll be rolling it back soon.
Fred is always faster or keener than me :)

Anyway, no need to roll it back, in case just improve it. I was hinting the same as Markus said, about different data-types which the warning was exposing, but kept my question general.

Happy hacking.

Riccardo