Re: [bug #41125] -make documentation is un-installable

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: [bug #41125] -make documentation is un-installable
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 12:11:25 +0000

Hi guys,

I think I finally get what Markus’ problem is. The question is rather not
whether installing gnustep-make should implicitly install its documentation,
the question rather is which configuration you expect the ./Documentation
subdirectory to use. Markus expects it to use the configuration you just set
using make’s configure script, while it in fact will use the configuration of
the last installed version of gnustep-make. I don’t think there is a technical
reason why we would require that behaviour, because gnustep-make is already
configured and we know where things will be installed. In fact it’s very, very
easy to switch the documentation to using the present (not yet installed)
configuration: You just have to set GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES=../ at the beginning of
Documentation/GNUmakefile.

Cheers,

Niels