Re: DBus Menu in Gtk theme

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: DBus Menu in Gtk theme
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 09:49:46 +0000

Every single Gtk application has the default of using -- Gtk.

Unity is based around Gtk.

Unity is the default Ubuntu desktop.

Unity, GNOME, LXDE, Xfce, Cinnamon and many more are based around Gtk.

I'd say Gtk theme is a pretty safe default if you are targeting an average Joe Ubuntu user, and I suspect the same is true with average Debian desktop user.

If I were aiming to please users of existing desktops, there would be no thinking about whether Gtk theme should be default in Debian packages, only how to do it.

sent from phone

On 15 Jan 2014 21:51, "Markus Hitter" <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 15.01.2014 22:43, schrieb Ivan Vučica:
> Mark theme as Recommended, and it should be pulled in (but is still
> optional).

Which one should be recommended? There are some 20 desktops where the
base packages work.

Markus