Re: Methods +readable/writableTypes

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Methods +readable/writableTypes
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 01:39:04 -0600

On 2014-02-11 15:44:16 -0600 Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

>> The parameter fileTypes only contains the extension of the document
>> that will be saved. On Ink is "RTF", in Gorm is "gorm". So, I'm
>> trying to get all available types.
>
> That is interesting. If this is the case, then it is a bug in the
> GNUstep code. I looked through the code in NSOpenPanel and NSSavePanel
> and the only place that looks dubious in that regard is
> -setRequiredFileType: which calls -setAllowedFileTypes:, but even that
> looks correct to me. Could you please provide a stack trace that shows
> where this issue comes from?
>
> Fred

I added a break point inside -runModalForDirectory:file:... in WinNSOpenPanel.m
(implementation of WinNSSavePanel). But this method never is called (in both,
Ink and Gorm), which explain why my code don't works. And I can anticipate
something similar occurs with the same method at implementation of
WinNSOpenPanel. GNUstep is using other method to launch the panels.

Germán.