Re: GNUstep on ARM

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: GNUstep on ARM
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 17:29:44 +0000

On 13 Feb 2014, at 15:54, Stefan Bidi <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm sure GNUstep works on ARM already, so I'm doing this mostly to be able to
> test things a bit.  At least libobjc2 has an ARM objc_msgSend(), so I assume
> this has been tested.

There are some small bugs in objc_msgSend in the 1.7 release, but they're fixed
in trunk.  Unwind tables for ARM were only enabled recently in Clang, so I'd
recommend using Clang trunk as well on ARM.  Aside from those caveats, it
should work fine.  I haven't tested it for a little while, but it did work fine
last time.  I do fairly regularly use GNUstep Base on (64-bit, big-endian) MIPS
IV.

David

-- Sent from my STANTEC-ZEBRA