Re: Methods +readable/writableTypes

From: Doug Simons
Subject: Re: Methods +readable/writableTypes
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 16:21:54 -0700

On Feb 24, 2014, at 12:39 PM, Germán Arias wrote:

I solve the problem using _openableFileExtensions and writableTypesForSaveOperation:. The title of the panel let me know the type of save operation. Now I will add a little hack in ProjectCenter to allow it use native panels.

It looks like this change has broken something else. When we call setAllowedFileTypes: on the NSSavePanel and pass our document extension, it works fine when the current window is one of our document windows. When the current main window is not a document window, the save panel shows "All (*.*)" instead of our document type, and when we enter a file name and click Save we get an NSRangeException -- Index 0 is out of range 0 (in 'objectAtIndex:'). I'm not sure yet if the exception is coming from our code or from the save panel, but setting the allowedFileTypes needs to work in any case.

I'll look into it some more, but I'm running short on time today, and may not be near a Windows machine tomorrow...

Regards,

Doug