Re: Problem with entry for Gemas.app in Software Index

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: Problem with entry for Gemas.app in Software Index
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 10:39:49 +0200

> Am 07.04.2014 um 09:24 schrieb Riccardo Mottola:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Germán Arias wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I don't know what happened with the entry for Gemas.app in Software Index,
>>> this isn't listed. So, I can't update this.
>> I saw your update and approved them. However, it still does not appear, very
>> strange, there must be something we are oversseing or a problem with the
>> database. I hope Nikolaus can look at it.
>>
>> Riccardo
>
> It is strange. Gemas is there:
>
> http://www.gnustep.org/softwareindex/showdetail.php?app=123
>
> but not listed in the index. I will try to find out:
>
> http://projects.goldelico.com/p/swi/issues/578/

I have found the bug (and one weakness making the bug possible).

The bug was that the project became disapproved and there was no mechanism to
create a change request to approve it again (even if one knows the unique id
and can inspect the entry). Now any change request (even on a disapproved
project entry) adds a request for (new) approval.

The weakness was that it probably was disapproved by hitting the "reject" link
in the manager's user interface unplanned. I have added a confirmation popup
(needs a browser with at least very simple JavaScript to handle return
confirm"some message"); and onclick events).

I have pushed it to the GNUstep server and it should work in 1-2 hours.

And I have fixed the Gemas entry manually which now appears on the overview
page.

BR,
Nikolaus