NSRunLoop state in GNUstep

From: Luboš Doležel
Subject: NSRunLoop state in GNUstep
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 16:07:03 +0200

Hi,

I'm examining how to integrate NSRunLoop with CFRunLoop and I'm under the impression that since there was no CFRunLoop in the past, GNUstep devs have extended NSRunLoop to support things not normally possible with pure NSRunLoop.

For example, I can see that there is the possibility to monitor file descriptors for reading/writing/etc with GNUstep's NSRunLoop/GsRunLoopCtxt, but on OS X you're supposed to go with CFRunLoop sources to achieve that. NSRunLoop supports distributed object connections and timers only.

Is this correct?

--
Luboš Doležel