Re: gpbs, syslog() and ebuf variable

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: gpbs, syslog() and ebuf variable
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 03:05:31 +0100

I have removed this code in r37842.

If anyone needs this code or sees a reason why it should be/should have been there, please revert and let me know.

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 3:18 AM, Ivan Vučica <address@hidden> wrote:
Cheers,

GCC is (rightly) dying as follows:

gpbs.m: In function ‘gpbs_log’:
gpbs.m:67:7: error: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Werror=format-security]
       syslog (log_priority | prio, ebuf);

ebuf seems to be a static char[2048], but I can't see where it's being set in gpbs.m. It looks like it's only being accessed.

Even gpbs_log() seems to be called just once during init().

If I'm reading the code correctly, it should be safe to get rid of both gpbs_log() and of ebuf -- hence even of syslog(). I'd like to do that.

Anything I'm missing? Any further insight?
--
Ivan Vučica

--
Ivan Vučica