Re: Error trying to build Objective-C++ on Windows

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Error trying to build Objective-C++ on Windows
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 18:27:43 +0100

Some rules are built into GNU Make.

This:
  https://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/Catalogue-of-Rules.html
suggests you should run "make -p" in a directory with no makefile to check what rules are available.

If the rule doesn't exist, it should be trivial to add it and even make it optional under Windows-only using Make's if statement:
  https://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/Suffix-Rules.html#Suffix-Rules