GWorkspace file operation pause/stop problems

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: GWorkspace file operation pause/stop problems
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 14:31:55 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to debug a problem with GWorkspace.
File operations (copy, move, trash...) have a progress bar with two buttons: pause and stop. If one hits pause, stops disables and pause becomes "continue".

At each copy cycle in doCopy() or any other object, which wlask through top-level objetcs and not its content, so if you move just one directory you wont' have a chance to interrupt, essentially, checks if "paused" or "stopped" are set.

The problem is that hitting "continue" does nothing, the operation does not resume. With some NSLogs, I traced it that the action of the button appears to do nothing. IBAction pause at line 317 gets called on pause, but not on continue.

I tried to check for exceptions, but a breakpoint in [NSException raise] shows nothing. The continue button just remains pressed.

To debug, it is better to copy many small files at top level, not a single directory with many files.

The relevant file is:
Operation/FileOpInfo.m

For debugging copy operations, you might want to insert a sleep(1) in the doCopy method, line 961.

During the operation, a thread is spawned, so there is some reaction time, but pausing does work. That could be improved, but is not the problem I want to debug now.

The actual action is Operation.m

Clues? Hints?

Riccardo