Re: GWorkspace file operation pause/stop problems

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GWorkspace file operation pause/stop problems
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 00:00:24 +0200

Hi,

I'm still investigating this. It drives me quite crazy :)

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
- (IBAction)pause:(id)sender

      [pauseButt setTitle: NSLocalizedString(@"Pause", @"")];
      [stopButt setEnabled: YES];
      paused = NO;
[executor performOperation];
I try hard to understand what is going wrong here, when "resuming" is attempted. I can trace, through the usage of NSLogs, that I get into the correct else branche of "pause".

However "performOperation" is never called.

I added two NSLogs:

      NSLog(@"perfomring operation....");
      NSLog(@"performing operation on executor: %@", executor);

The first one prints out. The second not. I do not get an exception raised though. The program flow seems to interrupt. Trying to print out executor says it it is not in the current contect, howver just printing it out seems to be a problem! But what's happening here? I'm puzzled.

Riccardo