Symbolic link to GNUstep.sh in /etc/profile.d

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Symbolic link to GNUstep.sh in /etc/profile.d
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 16:00:25 -0400

Hey guys.

I'm wondering if placing a symbolic link to GNUstep.sh on install might not be a good idea.  Other frameworks (qt) do this to add environment variables to the shell when the user logs in.  I currently do this and it makes using GNUstep much nicer since the environment is already configured whether I am using the FHS layout or the GNUstep layout.

I just wanted to see what everyone thought about doing this before taking any steps.

We currently do something similar to this by adding GNUstep.conf in /etc, but this does not set up the environment (at least not for me).

Please let me know your thoughts.

​GC​

--
Gregory Casamento