Re: Mac OS X port gnustep-gui

From: Johan Ceuppens
Subject: Re: Mac OS X port gnustep-gui
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 08:33:06 +0100

Hello,

If you are really interested in getting GNUstep to build on MacOSX you
should have a look at Marat Ibadinov's attempt at
https://github.com/Ibadinov/gnustep-gui (you will find base and back
there are well, if you adjust the URL).

Probably there went some work in, but it is borken to compile. Anyway
I'll do it myself.

The biggest issue here is to make sure that you don't link in any of the
Apple libraries that will include the Foundation framework.

The thing is that I want to use gnustep-base and compile for native mac things
so everything renders with e.g. Quartz. Notice though I still have to learn
internals of the whole GS or NS design.

`Enry

Fred