Re: Tooltips issue

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Tooltips issue
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 15:54:26 -0600

Hi

El dom, 14-12-2014 a las 01:29 -0500, Gregory Casamento escribió:
> I believe that the proper fix is to make GNUstep take into account the
> intervening layers in front.
>
> GC

I don't see a solution for this. All the views should be informed about
the mouse events, so they can make some action (cursor update, drag&drop
operation, ...). The other problem is that the view object that should
display the tooltip, not necessarily is the top view in the layer. Take
for example a button with an image, the NSImageView is the top view in
the layer, but the tracking rectangle is declared at the NSButton object
(the container). So I still think I should solve this on FisicaLab,
displaying tooltips only for the cells that are visible in the
chalkboard.

Germán