Re: GCD Support in CoreBase / CFRunLoop

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: GCD Support in CoreBase / CFRunLoop
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 20:14:53 -0600

OK, I did just that.  Configure how checks for existence of a compatible libdispatch and if now found, moves on.  It is also possible to use both --with-gcd and --without-gcd if you want ot be explicit about it's use.  I figured that would come in handy.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 6:35 AM, Luboš Doležel <address@hidden> wrote:
On 02/07/2015 05:42 PM, David Chisnall wrote:
> What are the extensions?  We currently have pluggable implementations
> of NSRunLoop for Windows / *NIX, it would be nice to have an
> implementation that used libdispatch where available, so that we'd
> build the run loop on top of libdispatch (as Apple does), rather than
> trying to build it along side and then integrate it.
>
> David

That is my long-term goal. Or more precisely, build the run loop on top
of CoreBase, which builds on top of libdispatch.

--
Luboš Doležel