Re: GSPrivateLoadModule() bug on MinGW

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GSPrivateLoadModule() bug on MinGW
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 21:06:29 +0100

Am 15.02.2015 um 06:40 schrieb Germán Arias:
> Finally I found the problem, this occurs at function
> GSPrivateLoadModule() in objc-load.m. The problem is the NSString method
> -fileSystemRepresentation, that returns a 16-bit unicode string. The
> function dlopen() on mingw don't support this. So I solved the problem
> just using -UTF8String and now backend works again.

Could you please explain a bit more? As far as I can see
GSPrivateLoadModule() uses __objc_dynamic_link() to load the bundle. And
to me it looks like this should be defined as LoadLibraryExW() for MinGW
in the file win32-load.h. This file should get renamed into
dynamic-load.h by the Makefile.postamble. This depends on DYNAMIC_LINKER
being set correctly by the configure script.

The question now is which of these steps fails for you? It could by that
MinGW now includes the file "dlfcn.h".