Re: undefined reference to __gnustep_objcxx_personality_v0

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: undefined reference to __gnustep_objcxx_personality_v0
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 13:51:25 +0000

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 6:37 PM, Igor Zhbanov <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi!

I'm trying to compile following example for x86 with
"clang++ test1.mm -fobjc-runtime=gnustep -lc++ -lobjc" command:

Basic checks:
- Are you sure you are using the correct -fobjc-runtime for the libobjc that you're using?
- Is libobjc found by clang really the one you believe it is? Do you perhaps have two libobjc's on the system?
- Do you really have to manually link with libobjc and with libc++?

If you correctly deploy GNUstep's libobjc2, I believe David said that the correct runtime argument is -fobjc-runtime=gnustep-1.7.

Also I checked libobjc2 and found that __gnustep_objcxx_personality_v0 function
is declared in "#ifndef __arm__". So how to compile for ARM?

Perhaps this symbol is not referenced when building for the ARM ABI?