Re: Proposal: Switch back to savannah using GIT

From: Matt Rice
Subject: Re: Proposal: Switch back to savannah using GIT
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 04:17:39 -0700

Some people can't justify hosting their sources at a 3rd party,
it may not impact GNUstep as a project, but in theory one could modify
the software to allow synchronizing bug reports (they may have this
already I haven't looked)

I wouldn't say savannah is obscure, it just (cant figure out a way to
say it politely) sucks probably as a result of being understaffed,

anyway I prefer gitlab because a) it doesn't suck, b) it at least
provides free software

popularity contests aren't really a priority to me,
github just happened to be the first to this particular race
just stating my preference feel free to have a different one...