Deprecated CoreFoundation functions/types

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Deprecated CoreFoundation functions/types
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 11:57:39 -0400

Hi all,
I was hoping to get some opinions on this before doing what I believe to be the most correct (read, most bang for my time) way forward.

Several CoreFoundation interfaces have been deprecated since I started working on CoreBase.  Some of these, include complete types, which is what happened to CFXMLNode, CFXMLParser, CFXMLTree and CFURLAccess.  The CFXML stuff is not even present in the iOS documentation.

My question to the community is: Should I remove these functions and types from CoreBase all together?  My general feeling is that, yes, I should.  Particularly the CFXML stuff has been specifically condemned by Apple as not standards-compliant.

Additionally, the CFXML stuff has not yet been implemented, only a skeleton is provided.  Seeing as developers should be moving away from it for future projects, I find it a bit of a waste of time including it going forward.

In my mind, I would remove CFXMLNode.h and CFXMLTree.h altogether from CoreBase.  Anyone trying to use these interfaces would generate a compile time error (as opposed to runtime, where the functions will return NULL).

Any opinions?

Thanks