Re: base exception handling coherency

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: base exception handling coherency
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 21:27:04 +0100

On 31 Jul 2015, at 20:18, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have the test fail with not finding <objc/objc-exception.h> now and indeed,
> the file is not there! There is objc.h but not this.
>
> Is this a test problem or a problem with the freebsd libobjc package? I don't
> remember at hand which version I had installed on the other machine and can't
> check the differences in setup since it got stolen.

This file doesn’t exist with libobjc2.  It does with Apple libobjc, but it
exposes a lot of exception handling internals that are different between our
runtimes (in particular, the integration between C++ and Objective-C exceptions
for Objective-C++ and for @finaly / catch(…) are very different).

Failing to find that file shouldn’t prevent exceptions from working.

David

-- Sent from my IBM 1620