Re: corebase - configure and compiler checks

From: Luboš Doležel
Subject: Re: corebase - configure and compiler checks
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 09:59:48 +0200

Dne 23.9.2015 v 09:08 Riccardo Mottola napsal(a):
Hi,

I just modified CoreBase configure to use the compiler specified during make (if you do not decide to overrirde with CC). That way, if you have multiple compilers installed (e.g. gcc and clang, or several gcc versions) it will try to use the same or a mess happens. I suppose this should be good practice when mising configure with gnustep make, I will update other packages that way.

I noticed however that the existing configure file was checking explicitely for the objective-c preprocessor. GS make doesn't provide that value, I noticed it does not get used at all, so I removed it and everything worked fine. If instead it was of use, let's discuss an alternative solution. Perhaps a way do derive it from C or CPP ?

Riccardo

Hi,

I believe CoreBase doesn't need an ObjC compiler at all (nor a preprocessor).

The only thing it needs to know is whether to support Toll-Free Bridging - this decision is based on whether an ObjC runtime is available.

Luboš