Re: Theming non-main-app images

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Theming non-main-app images
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 16:58:25 +0100

Am 19.11.2015 um 00:35 schrieb Riccardo Mottola:
> Ivan Vučica wrote:
>> This is a good candidate for actually fixing the apps, right?
>>
>> Why not NSImageNameTrashEmpty / NSImageNameTrashFull?
>
> this doesn't solve or address the problem "generally", however why not?
>
> I tried to address TrashFull, TrashEmpty and MultipleSelection.
>
> I fear I did it the right way? I wait for Fred's verdict and/or correction.

Looks correct to me. I don't understand why you still used the old name
mapping mechanism. I think it would be a lot easier to use the Cocoa
names for the images directly. I am in favour of keeping this name
mapping for some time, but we should not add to it any more.

> Given that, it makes those images much easier to theme! If I did it
> right, I will extend Thematic.
>
> For the other images, my issue about geting them from the Framework
> BUndle or the "current" app bundle stands. Actually, by working better,
> I am able to get them from the current app bundle using imageNamed,
> which would mean I just need to "double" them. Could be a solution.

I don't quite understand what you expect here. Which bundle would you
like to ask for the images and what behaviour are you expecting? I would
think that you want to call something like this:

NSBundle *bundle = [NSBundle bundleForClass: [FSNodeRep class]];
imagepath = [bundle pathForImageResource: @"Recycler"];

This should be themable based on the bundle id from the FSNodeRep bundle.