Re: Theming non-main-app images

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Theming non-main-app images
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 15:53:42 +0100

Hoi Fred,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
Looks correct to me. I don't understand why you still used the old name
mapping mechanism. I think it would be a lot easier to use the Cocoa
names for the images directly. I am in favour of keeping this name
mapping for some time, but we should not add to it any more.

good that in principle it is fine.
I thought we always needed a file to map names. Do you intend naming the image files directly with the constants values? Or have our "own" constant values, while retaining the constant names? Here in fact we have a triple naming: constant (name) -> constant (value) -> actual file name

I don't quite understand what you expect here. Which bundle would you
like to ask for the images and what behaviour are you expecting? I would
think that you want to call something like this:

NSBundle *bundle = [NSBundle bundleForClass: [FSNodeRep class]];
imagepath = [bundle pathForImageResource: @"Recycler"];

This should be themable based on the bundle id from the FSNodeRep bundle.

Yes, I think that should work or at least, that is what I hope that will work: the images should reside inside the FSNode framework.
I will look into this ASAP.

Riccardo