Re: Looking for new GUI maintainer...

From: 陈北宗
Subject: Re: Looking for new GUI maintainer...
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 16:10:54 +0800

Who is currently maintaining Opal and UIKit? I think it would be better for the same guy to maintain the entire graphics stack.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 14, 2015, at 15:21, Gregory Casamento <address@hidden> wrote:

All,

With Fred's departure many months ago and with his self-proclaimed final commit earlier today to Opal: ( see here on the GNUstep mirror )

I find it necessary to recruit a new GUI maintainer as soon as possible.

If anyone on this list feels up to the task please submit your name to me so that I and the other maintainers can evaluate and determine which person is best qualified to continue in Fred's place.   His shoes will be large ones to fill indeed.

I want everyone to know just how much Fred has meant to this project and how valuable his contributions have been.  He is, without a doubt, one of the best developers I have worked with and I have enormous respect for him.

While he resigned his official maintainer role several months ago he has held on until a replacement is found.   I feel as lead it is time that I stepped up the search for someone to take his place.

Change is something common to every software project.  Fred is not the first GUI maintainer nor will he be the last.

Sincerely,
--
Gregory Casamento
http://ind.ie/phoenix/