Re: Jumpstarting a GNUstep development environment using vagrant

From: Christopher Armstrong
Subject: Re: Jumpstarting a GNUstep development environment using vagrant
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 09:37:44 +1100

Hi Niels

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016, at 08:03 PM, Niels Grewe wrote:
> For that reason, I made it my holiday project to create a vagrant box
> that provides a GNUstep development environment and that has now actually
> reached a working state.

I actually started something similar to this using Vagrant and Chef to
bootstrap a GNUstep development environment.  I'm not in a position to
maintain it (I don't use GNUstep for my day to day work), but there
might be something there that is useful for your own efforts, especially
if you are interested in using Chef to automate the package installation
and download across multiple platforms.

https://github.com/chris-armstrong/gnustep-chef-bootstrap

It's at a similar state i.e. it compiles and boots up a GNUstep
environment with a Ubuntu 14.04 base.

Cheers
Chris

--