Re: undefined reference to __gnustep_objcxx_personality_v0

From: Dmitry Moskalchuk
Subject: Re: undefined reference to __gnustep_objcxx_personality_v0
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 16:44:20 +0300

On 07/02/16 14:42, David Chisnall wrote:
> These all look like gas errors.  Building with gas is unsupported.  If your
> clang does not default to using the integrated assembler, try adding
> -integrated-as to the asm flags.

Yes, you're right. The problem was due to the bug of CMake support in
CrystaX NDK, where gcc was used for compiling assembler files, even
though clang was chosen as a compiler. Now, I've fixed it and Aarch64
assembler sources compiles just fine. However, there seems to be a
problem, I'm not yet aware of. For some reason, many tests are passed
when built without optimization (-O0) but fails with SIGBUS on my
Aarch64 device when being built with -O3. I'll look on that more closely
and will provide more details bit later.

> It is not, only ARC is broken.  Non-ARC Objective-C works.  If you’re
> shipping your own clang and don’t mind breaking the iOS target, then it’s a
> one-line patch to fix it.

Yes, we're shipping own clang, and fix was pretty trivial.

--
Dmitry Moskalchuk