Re: Segfault: latest Path and Utilities issues

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Segfault: latest Path and Utilities issues
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 10:01:18 +0000

> On 16 Feb 2016, at 09:19, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>> I did not see any changes to configure, I did re-run configure, make clean,
>> but,
>>
>> after your "fix" I see this:
>>
>> GNUSTEP Internal Error:
>> The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment
>> variables was not called.
>> Perhaps your program failed to #include <Foundation/NSObject.h> or
>> <Foundation/Foundation.h>?
>> If that is not the problem, Please report the error to address@hidden
>>
>> Up to saturday everything was working fine for me...
>>
>> Which configure tests would be relevant so I can check? Do you want the full
>> log?
>
> quick update: I can replicate this on a second NetBSD machine as well as an
> OpenBSD box. It works however on my Linux laptop. I suppose we uncovered
> something specific. Something is initialized ina  different order?
>
> If you have an idea where I should look for, please tell me. Fake main
> perhaps?

Well, as the error message says, it’s definitely a fake main issue …
either the message is right and the function isn’t being called; sounds like
configure/built time problem, unless there’s an issue with code being executed
before main()
or the message is wrong and for some reason the code thinks the function hasn’t
been called

So you can step through the program under gdb to see what’s happening