Re: side projects and sub projects

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: side projects and sub projects
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 22:15:19 +0100

Hi Gregory,

On 02/28/16 15:48, Gregory Casamento wrote:
Unfortunately, that's really not good enough. People don't want to browse our rather screwed up SVN repositories in order to get an idea of what GNUstep is about. Browsing the repos is the last step to this process, not the first.

I deleted the rest of this message because this first statement of yours is a complete and total nonstarter which makes discussing any further points put forth unnecessary.

wow, when you start deleting stuff and declaring stuff unnecessary, it is not a good way to make a discussion. Of course SVN is the end. I just said that there it is actually quite clear, but perhaps not elsewhere.

I understand what Richard is pointing at (and also remembering that what we registered with FSF is not totally worthless), but less how Richards proposals can be applied in a sort of next steps.

Perhaps a redo/revamp of the "External Related Sites" is a first go, as I proposed.

Also, perhaps, we could change the categories in the bug reporting system to adhere to the different sub-projects. I noticed, eg, that we have generally "applications" but not "GWorkspace".

Riccardo