Re: NSMovieDirectory

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: NSMovieDirectory
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 09:53:02 +0100

Hi,

Bertrand Dekoninck wrote:

But the NSMoviesDirectory is lacking.

true, I deemed not to add it back then. We don't even play movies and found it quite useless. Also, I would call it Videos instead of Music, exactly as I called Images instead of Pictures.
Given that, I left it for future work

Should I try to add it to base or to NSWorkspace.m as NSMusicDirectory is already ?

I would add it the way others were added, thus still go through string mappings, to be consistent.
Furthermore it would be nice to update also Thematic to handle it.

GWorkspace should then "work"out of the box, it should not need special hacks.

Last but not least: new images need to be produced for the default theme and for all other major themes, otherwise they will pick the default theme icon which then sticks out as a sore thumb. Making the icons is most of the work :)

Do you really want to go through all of this?  :) :) :) :)

In case let's do it, I as I did for all other folders...

Riccardo