Re: NSMovieDirectory

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: NSMovieDirectory
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2016 15:20:11 +0000

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016, 15:05 Ivan Vučica <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 9, 2016, 08:53 Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:

Also, I would call it Videos instead of Music, exactly as I called
Images instead of Pictures.
Given that, I left it for future work

And if we choose to follow freedesktop.org user-dirs, we can always query the relevant data files to figure out correct names, whether it's Videos vs Movies vs Filmovi, or Images vs Pictures vs Slike.
  http://askubuntu.com/q/457047/18187

Here's what FD.o defaults are:
  https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xdg/xdg-user-dirs/tree/user-dirs.defaults

The documented way to obtain these is to source ${XDG_CONFIG_HOME}/user-dirs.dirs which should be created or updated at login time.
  https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-user-dirs/

Whether we choose to adopt this or not (e.g. by returning /additional/ directories) is a distraction here :-) because we should default to other implementations' behavior.