Git migration (was Re: Authors.txt file for GIT migration...)

From: Derek Fawcus
Subject: Git migration (was Re: Authors.txt file for GIT migration...)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 09:38:12 +0000

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 10:52:42PM -0500, Gregory Casamento wrote:
> All suggested corrections made.  Please let me know if there is anything else.
> Otherwise this is the final version.

Not a comment on the Authors file,  but related to the git conversion.

I've done a couple of conversions in the past,  and one thing I noticed
is that some of the migrated commit messages end up quite ugly in the
automated conversion.

I seem to recall ESR has been hacking some stuff for aiding migrations to DVCS's
including git. Maybe it'd be worth dropping him a line to see if his tools would
achieve better results?

DF