NSView and nil window

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: NSView and nil window
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 12:10:26 +0200

Hi,

it is acceptable to have and manipulate a NSView without it being inside a window?
Does it make sense to also draw it?

I ask, because debugging why Terminal crashes on OpenBSD, I noticed that, once I get around grashing with running with zombies, I do get this:

NSView.m:2104 Assertion failed in TerminalView(instance), method _lockFocusInContext:inRect:. NSIntenalInconsistencyException

and this is due to having no _window

I wonder thus if it is really a Terminal issue and not a fragility of GUI

Riccardo