gnustep-config bug?

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: gnustep-config bug?
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 20:01:30 -0400

I just opened a bug report (#48348) on Savannah about this issue and would just like to make sure it gets seen...

My problem has to do with using gnustep-config to pass the correct CFLAGS and LIBS to a project. The problem is that gnustep-config seems to expose private CFLAGS and LIBS, as well as, assume that I'm using $(CC) as my linker.

The output of gnustep-config should include a lot less options than it actually is.  I used --objc-libs and --objc-flags as an example, but the case is the same for --base-libs and, I'm assuming, --gui-libs.

In particular, the output of --objc-libs and --base-libs is unusable because it includes things like -rdynamic, -shared-libgcc and -pthread, which are not recognized by ld, so I cannot use it and have to search for the GNUstep libraries on my own.

Stefan