Re: GUI updates do not show even from separate thread

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GUI updates do not show even from separate thread
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 14:53:07 +0200

Hi,

Riccardo Mottola wrote:

since I have issues on Windows, I reverted to version 39983 the whole respository and I don't have any special event issueanymore (but the gui doesn't update as it does with on unix! and I get some exceptions). I tried also having full head except for NSRunLoop.

The "intermediate" release which revision 39983 seems to work, but If I play with FTP a while I get NSGenericException: Trying to send message to an invalid Proxy. You should request NSConnectionDidDieNotification's and release all references to the proxy's of invalid Connections.

I would sum it up this way:

- Distant Past: Used to work
- Recent Past: no updates on gui
- first fix by Richard: Windows: no updates on GUI, Unix: seems to work
- last fix by Richard: Windows: UI events broken, Unix: continues to work

I tested and the "recent past", that is the one before any fix by Richard, did not have that exception problem on Windows.

Riccardo